Friday, June 7, 2013

More of the J-word

I was out picking up craft supplies the other day, when one of the sales guys came up to see if I need help. Told him I was fine, but wishing I had needed some help with something. Cause he was cute.
He had short dark spiky hair, glasses, a smile that could light up a room, eyes the colour of the sky and really great arms.

So there's me just sort of standing there for a few seconds, wondering why whenever I look like crap I meet someone cute?  Never meet anyone anymore when I put effort in, just when I look like a rumpled snotrag or something.
So there's me, wondering if I should even bother trying to flirt when he started to turn and his store vest flapped and I saw his name tag, which to that point was hidden.

I see a J and an O and think that I let out a half groan. Sure enough the rest of his name tag came into full view.  Johnathan.  And it was the full name, not John or Johnny or Jon. But full out Johnathan.

Damn.

That's it, I give up. I'm just going to wait for the mystical Johnathan to appear now. And there better be stars and cartoon birdies and swelling theme music when he does. So I know it's the right Johnathan. And damn it, it better happen when I've put effort into looking good myself. I'd hate to meet the mystical one looking like a old hag.


No comments:

Post a Comment