Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The itchy and scratchy show part 2

I was out for coffee with my sister and I saw her scratching her right palm.  "He's thinking of you again."  I mindlessly said.  Less then a minute later her cell phone buzzed and it was the brother in law. My sister looked up at me with that semi look of disbelief as she answered the phone.

Sister-: "Okay that was weird.  So explain that to me again."   she said very distracted as she started to text  a friend from work, one very long leg bouncing under the table.

Me-:" Okay, this will be a long one."

Sister-: "I still have half a cup so go for it."

Me-: "You remember the omen about your nose itching?"   she nodded. "That means a secret admirer. Someone you've not paid attention to but has paid attention to you.  When the right side of your body itches, it's your true love thinking of you. Your soulmate, twinflame."

Sister-: "So you're going on the idea that twinflames and soulmates are the same thing?  I read they weren't."

Me-: "I believe they are.  Anyways..."   she started to laugh out loud said she was sorry and texted a reply to her friend before putting her cell phone down for a few seconds again.  "Anyways, my nose almost never itches, which means my soulmate..."

Sister-: "You're Mr. Scratchy"   she said scrunching up her nose then giggling at me again.

Me-: "You suck.  Yes my Mr. Scratchy. Anyways, my nose almost never itches which means that it is not a secret admirer.  When the right side of my body itches."

Sister-: "And this means what?"  she sipped her coffee making a face saying it was cold.

Me-: "That it's someone I've meet or seen or am very aware of. Like just now when your guy was thinking of you, your right side itched as the phone rang."

Sister-: "Works both ways doesn't it?  Your Mr. Scratchy."   she did the air quotes too here. "When you think of him he should be ripping his right side to shreds shouldn't he?"

Me-: "And there is the catch.  Yes, if he's someone I've become aware of, like one of the four wrestlers whom odds are it is.  If he's someone else then it's possible that I've never thought of him, or have rarely thought of him."

Sister-: "I don't think I can have the kind of faith you have in all this. Even with everything I've seen when we were younger, the whole thing with Tunagirl and the house,  I still just can't seem to... I don't know. But you can't say any of this sort of stuff in front of my guy. He'd freak out."

Me-:"Like I was saying the other week to JTGG, there is a part of me that is just thankful knowing my Mr. Scratchy is alive on this planet, and I know at some point before we both die, you know we'll be together.  It's a comforting feeling... don't look at me like that."  she was giggling at me playing with her ponytail.

Sister-: "When you said JTGG just got me thinking.  If anyone should know it's him. Okay blah blah blah you're Mr. Scratchy is out there. You're one true love, your knight in shinning armor who will rush in and save you with a bottle of calamine lotion. Stop your itchies. Slay your dragons and live happily ever after in... oh fresh crullers I think I want a donut before we leave."

We got back in line for her to get her donuts and she turned to me, putting on her sunglasses and giggling before saying that she hopes my Mr. Scratchy tells me soon who he is.

Sister-: "I'm going to start telling people you have fleas and that you got them from some wrestler in -------." She broke out in a major fit of laughter to the point the lady behind the donut counter asked if she was drunk. She shook her head still laughing like a banshee as we left the building.


No comments:

Post a Comment