Thursday, August 25, 2011

Your cucumber is wilted

It was nearly 5:30pm as I was trying to get from my doctor's appointment over to mom's to make dinner when she phoned me to stop off at the grocery.   As I am zipping along I spotted Storm working.  Which is odd as he's normally morning/early afternoon shift. 

"You're working the late shift?"

Storm-: "Hey you! Yeah, my kid goes back to Toronto..."  he dropped the tomatoes he was cleaning out of the bottom of the display bin letting one roll half way across the isle.  "and I won't be in tomorrow."

Me-: "Oh."

Storm-: "My bartender is going to love me tonight."   he gave me a slightly sly smirk before continuing on with his job. I started to walk away but he continued talking so I swing around and headed back. "Nice job those lazy asses do here my f**cking coworkers. Stupid asses.  They don't even do their job which makes it harder for the few of us who do. Lazy bastards want the pay check but don't want to do the work. You know how it is eh?"    he dropped a few more having to chase them then started in on the cucumbers. "My kid's got me all... don't get me wrong love having him but just hate dealing with his mother..."    I sort of spaced for a second as I took a step back from the now half filled box of squished tomatoes and cucumbers he was cleaning out for trash. Then he asked me how I was doing, told him I was alive.  "You still living over here?"

Me-: "Sorry what?"

Storm-: "You still living next door?"

Me-: "I wasn't living there.  I was staying while mother was out of town but no. Just there in the day now. Why?"

Storm-: "Huh?"    he gave me that sideways smirk

Me-: "Why do you ask?"

Storm-: "No reason."  then he went on again about his kid.    I got this feeling that he wanted to hang out for a bit. 

Me-: "You still have my number?" 

He looked at me while shuffling the display bin around a bit. 

Storm-: "Yeah actually I do."

Me-: "Well, if you ever want someone to vent to give me a text."

Storm-: "Yeah?  My cell phone is sort of not working right now but as soon as that is cleared up I'll definitely call you."   this time he smirked at me.   I walked away thinking that that comment was a polite and open ended brush off. 

So then I'm standing in line and this one check out lady was staring at me.  Not sure why.  And suddenly I see this dude with jet black spiky hair walk up to the customer service counter.  It was a cop.  He had papers with him so god only knows what legal stuff he was there for.  But I watched as he waited for someone to service him.  Gorgeous, 5'8, blue eyes, one of those mini-beards that wrestler Sheamus sports, and a wedding ring.   CRAP!
While I'm standing in line, the cop spotted me staring at him and started to change his position while he waited.  Turned towards me, and just sort of stared back.  I was intoxicated to say the lest.  Normally, uniforms turn me off, but this guy was hot with a capital hot.

"He's not worth it."   I turned to see TC  one of the newer guys who works there leaning over from his check out.  "He just covered his wedding ring. Player!" 

Player or not, the hot cop continued to stare back at me while he waited then when he was done doing what he came in for, he swung around a few isles and turned to look at me.   I haven't smiled so damn big in years, I think I pulled a muscle in my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment