Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I learned from...

Watching Bold and the Beautiful

If you've paid attention at times, you know I am hooked on the soap opera Bold and the Beautiful.  Right now, there is a storyline where two sisters are fighting over the same guy.   One is a virgin the other a total tart. 
Isn't that always how it goes?   So the character of Hope is waiting to have sex while the character of Stephie is trying to seduce the boyfriend Liam {remember I mentioned we have a banker who looks like the actor}  Basic storyline for any good soap.

This got me thinking about how the pressures of sex can be overwhelming.  It also got me thinking about timing.  Everyone has their own sense of personal time, and those who can keep that strength to follow their own self timing vs those who fall under peer pressures. 
And not just that of sex. 

The waiting game has always been a hard one for me. I personally never waited for love to have sex, {which might be why none of my relationships ever seemed to work} but now that I am older I'm finding myself waiting for love in order to have a new relationship.  In a crazy sense it's almost the same thing as the B/B character of Hope waiting to be married.
More then a few people have been pushing me to start dating again just because they think it's what I should do.   All I know is that right now, my new sense of waiting is my hope for the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment