Friday, August 12, 2011

Dear...

I was cleaning out a drawer earlier and came across an old pile of letters.  Some of them were from an exboyfriend and some were one's I'd written to him but never sent.  I sat down and read them all, letting the emotions wash over me after years of having forgotten they were even there.

I tore up the ones I had written tossing them out.  

It is the end of the day, nearly tomorrow as I sit here writing this post, wondering about what I would say to my next relationship. 
What will my next relationship say to me?  What would Mr. Scratchy say if he decided to speak up?  All good questions, all that will I'm sure be answered. 
At the moment, I will say this;  Life does not always give you what you were thinking it would. It doesn't always come to you in the timeframe you were counting on it to. But in the end, you have to be grateful for what you do receive.

One of the things I wrote in what ironically was my last letter to one of my exboyfriends, was that somehow I knew I wasn't going to see him again.  And I was okay with it. That particular relationship had sort of appeared out of nowhere and ended just as quietly.  We both realized we wanted very different lives. But I will always be grateful for the year I spent with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment