Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tidbits- Sunday

"I'm so mad right now Darling! I can't believe it. I read your new blog"   The Drama Queen said as I went through her check out earlier.

"Oh?"  my mind raced suddenly, was she talking about this?

TDQ-: "That spicy one.  I like it.  I think you should make that character of Kai the hero." 

I let out a bit of a held breath.  She was meaning she read my latest story I am writing on a separate blog.  "Yeah? You like that character?"

TDQ-: "I like the villains. You going to turn it into a horror story? My husband's nephew lost his cell phone at the fair last night. Called us about it."

Me-:"How'd he call then?  There's only so much I can do with it online cause of the whole censor thing but we'll see."

TDQ-: "Borrowed his friend's.  So my husband asked him why the hell he was calling us and not his dad? He said he knew his dad would freak out over it.  We got it back, but we're teaching him a lesson. He thinks it's still lost. Oh my god Darling, the last phone bill was over $300 dollars just in text messages!"

Me-: "Wait is this the twenty something?"

TDQ-: "Yeah the one with the mental problems. He's got the brain of a 10 year old. Anyways, He called asking if we would contact the phone company for him, wanting to know if they would give him a new phone. My husband said no."

I paid for my groceries, noticing that Zane was standing a few feet away against the customer service desk leaning on his elbows, one ankle crossed, staring at us.  Here was me  having had been out on a two hour walk, dressed like the bum that I try not to be when I go for groceries. Great time to bump into Zane. The line was starting to get busy so I told TDQ that I would catch up with her later. Zane looked like he was about to say something but just put his head down when I walked by closing his eyes.  
I think I am done even trying to get his attention.  Chalk Zane up as yet another lost cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment