Thursday, March 6, 2014

Young love

Rule of thumb, the second you get comfortable with things, they fall apart at the seams. All I'm seeing on the fashion site are one of two things, wedding planning or break-ups.  Everyone is creating by their heart. It's a sea of teenaged tears and lacy dresses.

Cosmic joke hits home.

Foolish Heart. Well, it's true, what you're interested in the most, good or bad is what you will find in abundance. So very fitting that I'm seeing the happy and the sad of relationships everywhere.

Speaking of fashionable situations...I wonder why Dimmer hasn't been on wrestling the last while? I must blog about that...(this would be me blogging about that)

Back to the original topic...sort of... I've mentioned a few times over the years that I don't have the bride gene. While all these girls are planning their weddings, like Norman Bates recruits collecting shower curtains, I've never seen the point.

And you're thinking "what? Wait! All this talk of finding the one right perfect guy to be your husband and you're not a bridezilla?"

I believe in marriage, not really weddings. Marriage is the whole point not the white dress, the commitment not the credit card maxed out. I've always said when I find the one right man, the perfect guy for me, my soulmate, the dude just a little crazy enough to want to spend the rest of his life with me; I'm good with a drive-thru wedding bells chapel in Niagara Falls (Canadian side of course) with an Elvis Impersonator as the minister.

Which brings me to something my aunt said to me earlier. What happens when I finally meet the man of my dreams and what if it ends up he's American?  I've never actually considered that part.
I guess we'd move to a border town that was half in Canada half in America, or something.  Here I've always worried about things like when I find the right guy how will our religions mix? Will I have to become a carnivore again or will he be a vegetarian?  Will we agree on our favourite wrestler or come pay-per-views will we be cheering for opposite guys?  You know, the stuff of every day, the little things that make a relationship work. Never thought about something as big as a country.

Well, here's hoping love really does conquer all.

No comments:

Post a Comment