Monday, March 31, 2014

Not equal

"She's way too old for him."   this from my mother as she read out loud one of the status update photos on facebook of one of my cousins. "Look at this! That's just terrible!"

We were watching Bold and the Beautiful, and she made a sound of disgust "He's way too old for her! If they do that put them together, I'm going to stop watching! She's too young!"

Me-:"Well, they don't have any new characters."

We left the channel on, and the Talk came on. "He's way too young for her!"  I don't even know who the person was she was talking about this time, I was in the kitchen not paying attention. "Younger men only ever go after older women for their money, and vise versa."

Me-:"Uh...dad was younger then you. My brother-in-law is nine years older then sister."

She made another noise. "Well, your sister is the exception to the rule. And as far as your father, look the mess that was. And your sister did it right, the man should always be older."

I stood there shaking my head in total disbelief.  "You do realize that you just contradicted yourself to what you said a bit ago right?"

Mom-:"No I didn't!"

Me-:"Yes, yes you did. When we were watching the soap."

She glared at me like daggers. "Well, what would you know about it anyways? Huh? You're not married.What do you know about? No one would ever marry you!"  then she laughed.

Now I know why so many people identify with the movie Psycho and the character Norman Bates. There are just moments in life when you wish you didn't have to deal with your family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment