Sunday, March 9, 2014

Return of the Post-it Notes

Dear Herman;

Love letters should never be written on Sundays as they are considered bad luck. Something I've always been confused about given most personal letters are indeed considered love letters. This is not a love letter, given we've never met or actually physically talked...so just chalk it up to another omen that you most likely don't even believe in. But I do, therefore I shouldn't even be attempting to write this, but given it's a blog post...zombie brain full now.

How is your morning/afternoon/evening or whatever time of day it is when you read this?  It's morning here, clocks jump(ed) ahead last night where I am. EST/EDT- that always seemed odd to me too. Having to change the S to a D, which I never do when writing it. I like the way the EST looks written.

Coffee?  I will just my dear Mr. Scratchy, get to the getting while you're still giggling at my hyperactive wording... I imagine you this morning, reading this, a newspaper tucked under your left arm, cause I think it was sitting there left by someone in the coffee shop and you picked it up, dressed in a pair of black track pants because they go so well with the hiking boots I think you're wearing for snow traction, a blue sweater, as well as a grey hoodie over it, and I think you found your toque. I imagine you reading this, out loud to your buddy cause you are just in awe of my rambling skills, your buddy smirking; shaking his head at you, telling you that you're going to be late for whatever you've got happening today. And as you do read all this, in the back of your mind you're thinking...is there a Sex and the City episode for that?

Smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment