Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Random SATC episode 12th march

Sitting here, flipping channels, and there was an episode of SATC on. 

The Agony and the Ex-tacy (season 4 episode 1, series episode 49)
This is the soulmate episode.  Carrie is about to turn 35 and starts feeling like a complete looser because she's single. 
The other side stories were edited down to one line, focusing on just Carrie's story (massively edited for morning tv)  Samantha starts to fantasy about a monk, Charlotte tries to get back together with Trey only to realize their issues have deeper roots, and Miranda tries to deflect her feelings of being single by turning everything into a round of jokes.

I found the timing on this to be...cosmic. Given the way I've been feeling lately. There is a scene in this episode where Carrie plans a big dinner with friends, and no one shows up. While, around her a few other younger girls are having birthday parties as well. She ends up going home feeling like crap, then the girls catch up with her, as well as Mr. Big.  This is the first real indication of the age difference between her and Big, as he hints that he's at lest ten years older.

The end of the episode, has Carrie feeling like the whole situation was just a passing thought, simply because Mr. Big shows up for a few minutes like a knight in shinning armor. It almost undoes everything it spent the episode pointing out.

One of the ideas it does bring up, is do we only have one soulmate?  This is not a new idea. Many believe that the term soulmate is used too frequently and in the wrong sense. Those that do, believe in the idea that Twin Flames are what we are actually meaning, and searching for. And that we will only find when we've gone through years of lessons with soulmates.  They believe that we have many soulmates, and they come into our lives when we need to learn a lesson in order to advance to the next phase in life.

Then there are those who believe soulmates and twin flames are the same thing, and that we only have one.
For most of my life, I've lived in this camp.  But the older I get, the more the idea of many soulmates with lessons seems fitting.

Whatever the reality of the soulmate situation, the universe dropped the topic into my lap this morning for a purpose. Since the show was so heavily edited this morning to focus on the theme of Carrie's birthday and her facing her fears of getting older...I'm pulling that as what the universe wanted me to listen to.

So what might I have learned from this? I'm not alone. I'm not alone in my fears, or expectations on how my life has turned.
And if I want to take the message literally, there's a great guy about to drive up in a big black suit just when I decide to give up.  With balloons, lots of red balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment