Saturday, March 22, 2014

Love?

There was a time, when I studied the zodiac and horoscopes like they were road maps. And according to them, being an Aries meant that you would have an extremely difficult time finding love, and an even harder time keeping it.
I'm suppose to be most compatible with other fire signs ( other Aries, Leo and Sagittarius) and the air signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)
I'm also a Tiger in the Chinese zodiac, which makes me most compatible with Pig signs and Dog signs.

As anyone who's studied any of the many forms of astrology knows, that's just a suggestion. Just because you're in a favourable spot in the stars, doesn't mean it's going to work out naturally. My grandparents were a Libra and Sagittarius (I have no clue on their Chinese zodiacs) while my mom and dad were Leo and Virgo.
My grandparents (mom's side) were a perfect match, if you want to go just on their Sun signs. And, it would seem, they were just that. A perfect match in life. (they had the whole fairy tale love)
My parents, not so much. Fire and Earth are said to not work at all, and well, they really didn't. I spent the first 26 years of my life watching them destroy each other till they finally admitted divorce.

So what happens when you are someone like me, who actually follows this sort of thing, and you find yourself with someone who doesn't?

Enter the Pisces Sheep ex-boyfriend from all those years ago.   I, ironically, found an old book I'd forgotten I had, tucked in a drawer this afternoon, on Chinese Zodiac Love Signs.  I haven't seen this book in years. And of course, I would stumble on it today of all days (40th birthday).

The page listing the compatibility of Tigers and Sheep had the corner turned down and circled in pen.  I know for a fact, I didn't do it. And I also know, I haven't dated anyone with the Sheep zodiac since, nor have I seen the book in years. (I seem to have racked up more then my share of Roosters and Dragons though)
This makes me wonder, why would someone who didn't believe in this sort of thing, bother to research it?  It also makes me wonder if this book of love signs, is a sign that my next relationship will be with someone who either isn't completely compatible, or doesn't believe?  Or, maybe the other side of things, and is suppose to be totally compatible and does believe? 
Which of course, would bring up the question of if they do believe and we're not listed as compatible, will that sway them in any way?   You see where I'm going with all this tonight?

As I type this, I'm actually seeing that there is a lot of weight to the whole thing, then I was giving credit to.  For whatever the reason, I found this book again today. A day that is suppose to be the beginning of a new cycle for me, and what I was personally dreading.

How much of relationships, is really destined and how much of them are just simply cooperation?

No comments:

Post a Comment