Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Missed calls

Door bell rang about twenty minutes ago, my cousin Walsh was standing there cigarette hanging out of his mouth, talking to one of the neighbours from the next building. "What? You not talking to me or something?"

Me-:"What?"

Walsh-:"Last night, I messaged, you didn't answer. You always answer. Everything alright?"

Me-:"I didn't get any messages. Everything's fine. Why?"

Walsh-:"You just didn't answer. I messaged right after your guy's match. Did you see the show?"

Me-:"Yeah, did actually. Didn't see that little twist in the plotline with Rebel without a Cause. Thought they'd pull something like that with Werewolf King."

Walsh-:"So, why didn't you answer?"

Me-:"I didn't get any messages, I just said that. None."

Walsh-:"So you didn't have a hot date or anything?"  he grinned as he tossed the cigarette butt. "Cause wife bet me that you did." he stretched.

Me-:"No, not hot date, no cold one either. What on earth would make you think I would have a date?"

He shrugged checking his cell phone, scrolling through it and showed me the messages that he swore he sent. "Oooppss." he gave a small giggle. "Okay, you're right I'm wrong. I sent the text to my sister."

Me-:"Told you I didn't get any messages. Why would you think I would have a date?"

Walsh-:"I don't know? Wife was the one who thought you did. She seemed to think that you're dating someone."

Me-:"And she got this idea how?"

Walsh-:"I'd know? We were sitting there watching wrestling, I messaged you, you never replied, she said you were on a date. I thought maybe she saw you out with someone or something. I said I didn't think so because you'd blog about it and you hadn't so..." he shrugged.

Me-:"Now who's jumping to conclusions?" 

His phone buzzed, it was the kids asking if they could stay longer at their friend's place, but he told them no, he was on his way to get them because they had piano lessons after supper. Nodding he got into the truck and just sat there for a moment before leaning out the window. "I'm suppose to tell you that one of my wife's co-workers is single. But I'm not going to tell you this because he is divorced and hates wrestling. So there's no point in telling you that one of my wife's co-workers is single. Right?" he grinned as he pulled out of the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment