Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hug me continued

My sister showed up, upset, in tears. She said that my brother -in-law has been weird since yesterday morning. She was talking about how she can't handle it. The mood swings, silent treatment, rudeness. 

I noticed she wasn't wearing her rings. She always wears both her engagement ring and her wedding ring.

Both of them are under a ton of stress from work, his ex-wife, etc.   So she was sitting here for an hour, talking about it all. Finally, she managed to calm down, and messaged him, saying she was on her way home for supper.

At one point, she had said she didn't know if it was really worth it anymore? That all the time people spend wishing they were in relationships, once you're in one, you start wondering if you should get out of it?

I just sat there, listening. Finally, when I got a word in edge wise (this was at mom's, and mom talks over everyone) I told her to get him drunk so he relaxes and starts talking.  Cause that was her biggest complaint, he's been bottling up whatever the main thing is and finally this was his way of exploding.

She laughed at me, then said it wasn't a bad idea.

Every relationship has issues. And I only know a snippet of what's going on with my sister's.  But, the whole time, I just sat there a part of me thinking "lest you have a husband."


No comments:

Post a Comment