Thursday, April 24, 2014

City stains

The city I live in thinks it's better then it really is. We are listed as the "next biggest city outside of Toronto" heading west.  If this is true or not, no one cares. My city is known for the fact it has a high number of medical programs and turns out a high rate of doctors/nurses. Any other city would find this a really respectable thing. Not here.
Here, the need for an admittance like this is left with the fact this city has an extremely high number of handicapped. From physical disabilities to mental disabilities, the city I live in is a toilet.
We were two cities that blended together. In theory. In reality, we are two different small dots on the map that had it's divide line removed and christened with one title.  That was almost fifty years ago. But it has never gotten into the system of the population living on either the south side or the north side of this city.
I do my best to enter the north side as little as possible. I live on the south side of the city, and tend to get agitated when I hear about all the money being sunk into the north side on a constant, while the south side of town is left to wallow in it's own shit.

I'm here because I seem to have gotten stuck here. This city is like a black hole of despair and mindless drugs. You don't have to be a pot smoker here to be constantly exposed to it. The haze that hangs low around the horizon here, is not mist or fog but pot smoke.
Every time I try to break free of this city, it reaches out with a large 2x4 and breaks my legs, sending me to the hospital where the cycle of soul sucking vengeance and despair starts all over again.

The city I live in thinks it's better then it really is. The only people here with any real brains or personality are the ones who are passing through for university. They stay three years and run as fast as their third-hand cars can go. And they go anywhere that's not here. They go to a real city that has a real purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment