Sunday, April 13, 2014

8:34

"Who is she talking to?"  Walsh asked. My cousin dropped the dvds off he had borrowed the other day.

Me-:"Weekly call to aunt E. They've been on the phone for two hours."

Walsh-:"No one in the family knows how to use an inside voice do they?"  I shook my head no. "I could hear her all the way in the hall, before you even opened the door."

Me-:"Welcome to my world." I held up the dvds. "You didn't let the kids get their dirty sticky hands on them did you?"

Walsh-:"Yeah, let them use them as plates."

Me-:"Not funny."

Walsh-:"Okay, coffee please! I'm avoiding going home yet again."   he took off his shoes and came into the kitchen.

Me-:"What's going on?"

Walsh-:"Oh nothing. Just, my sister is home tonight, suppose to be spending some time with her daughter, but you know she was barely in the house when her latest boyfriend..."  he air quoted the last word. "...showed up with a case of beer. I told him he could stay but the beer had to be left outside."

Me-:"And how did that go?"

Walsh-:"When I left, everyone was outside. I don't want to even think about going home till after my wife gets home and has dealt with the kids."

Me-:"You are such a chicken."

Walsh-:"Yes, but I'll be alive in the morning." he started laughing at me as I opened the new coffee and just sniffed. "Are you okay?"

Me-:"One of my favourite scents. New fresh coffee."

Walsh-:"Gotcha. So, I was standing around your building ringing your doorbell for ten minutes, and your neighbour, said he'd seen you leaving few hours ago."

Me-:"Which one?"

Walsh-:"Dude across the hall, with the beard."

I stood there like a moron for a few minutes. "Um...yeah, I have no idea what his name is. I think he's the boyfriend of the lady who moved in there."

Walsh-:"You live in a building that has four apartments, how do you not know your neighbours?"

Me-:"No one stays. There is no point to getting to know anyone."

He grunted as he started searching the kitchen. "So I'm suppose to ask you, who's the new guy?"

Me-:"What new guy?"

Walsh-:"Wife said she was reading this morning and you said something about a new guy."

Me-:"No new guy...yet. Good to know someone is hopeful there's going to be a new guy."

He looked at me sideways, grabbing my computer and pulling up the blog. "Right here. Who's Igor?"

Me-:"I have no bloody clue. "

Walsh-:"Then why did you mention him?"

Me-:"Long story. All I know, is that eight of my regular readers have not checked in in over a week. Eight of them. Which means they are all in the wrestling industry. But, I figure that there has to be someone, either Herman or one of his buddies that is into witch stuff. Either Wiccan, or Pagan or something. Otherwise, he would have stopped reading me years ago. So, either Herman believes the same way I do, or someone around him does. And maybe, if that's the case, maybe Herman is suppose to introduce me to his buddy, Igor..."

Walsh-:"So you don't think Herman is your soulmate anymore?"

Me-:"Oh, no I do. Herman is Mr. Scratchy. But, what if Mr. Scratchy isn't who I'm suppose to be hanging out with right now?"  I heard mom hang up the phone and turn the tv on. "Okay, shut up now. Time for The Good Wife."


No comments:

Post a Comment