Saturday, April 19, 2014

What did the show teach you?

I was watching a few episodes of Kitchen Nightmares, and one of the main problems the people on the show always seem to have is a lack of communication. Almost all the episodes have couples running their restaurants who's marriages are in more trouble then the restaurants.
We see Gordon Ramsay playing marriage counselor more then anything else 90% of the time.

This had me thinking about the way I grew up, and the lack of communication that seemed to flood my family.
The only two marriages in my family that really really make me believe in fairy tale love, was my grandparents (mom's parents) and Walsh and his wife.  And I can state with all certainty, it's because they always talked through everything.
Our grandparents were married for almost 45 years, until my grandfather's death. And our grandmother never remarried. (she died in 1999)

With all the ways there are in this day and age to communicate, why is it that most of us just don't seem to?

On a day like this, I just can't help but wonder...when did we become so deaf?

No comments:

Post a Comment