Monday, April 21, 2014

snap crack and ow

"What's wrong with you?"  my sister asked she watched me move across the kitchen in slow motion.

Me-:"I cracked a rib."

She screwed up her face, and laughed. "Oh my god. Doing what?"

Me-:"Mom asked me to move a box for her, and I went to lift it and turned at the same time. Heard a snap and then couldn't breath for a few minutes. I'm can't blow my nose, afraid to sneeze or cough."

Sister-:"What happens if you get the hic-ups?"

Me-:"Don't even think it."

She shook her head laughing some more. "Oh my god! I came here to get away from all the whimpering and bitching." she flicked her hair out of her face. "Husband is acting like an overgrown baby with his bad foot, bad knee, stomach issues, mom is constantly bitching about everything, crying over nothing and now you. I can't get away from it."

Me-:"Well that's life for you. Did you need something?"

Sister-:"No, just...needed to get out of the house and everything is closed today and my friends are all busy doing stuff with their families so...but now I'm thinking I should have just stayed home." she pointed at me.

Me-:"So nothing's wrong?"

She shrugged. "No more then usual." she started to dig through my movies and books looking bored. "Buy anything new?" she made a face as she held up a dvd. "I'm borrowing this one."

Me-:"That's all I'm good for isn't it?"

Sister-:"Yeah. You have the sequel to this?"

Me-:"No actually, I don't." I shuffled back to finish making my tea. "That all? You just wanted to borrow a movie?"

She shrugged again. "The kids are driving me nuts. The pets are driving me nuts. Husband is driving me nuts."

Me-:"So you talked to mom today then?" 

She grunted. "She has to learn, we're not her. I know she talked to grandma everyday before she moved in with us, but I work. I have a life. I can't be on the phone with her everyday, it's not practical."

Me-:"Well, that's an issue you two have to deal with. Not really my problem. I do either call her or see her everyday so..."

She glared at me, told me she didn't want to talk about it and got up to leave. 


No comments:

Post a Comment