Saturday, April 5, 2014

Coffee, tea or me?

I got a message from my cousin Walsh. "Did you talk to Connie yet?"

Me-:"Nope. She never called me. Why?"

Walsh-:"She lied to her mom the other night and said she was coming here, when she went to some witch thing. Parents are pissed."

Me-:"Okay, and?"

Walsh-:"They yelled at my wife, she freaked out and yelled at me..."

Me-:"Not your fault, she's a teenager."

Walsh-:"I know that. Tell that to them...did you see the show last night?"

Me-:"Yeah, it sucked. Like two matches and the Pack had like one minute air time. Rest was all about the ppv tomorrow."

Walsh-:"So I didn't miss anything?"

Me-:"No."

Walsh-:"Okay so I'm suppose to ask you if you want to go for coffee with Jake?"

Me-:"Who's Jake?"

Walsh-:"He's a regular at the bar my older sister works at. He sometimes works as a bouncer when they host parties."

Me-:"No. Don't like bar people."

Walsh-:"I told her that. But she was insistent. Lest I can honestly tell her I asked."

Me-:"Just out of curiosity, why?"

Silence for a few minutes.

Walsh-:"Wife was out with her friends the other night, they stopped in for a bit, Jake asked my sister out and she said no. Wife heard, and I guess she thought you and him would be a good idea. Mind you, she was drunk. Should I even bother telling you what he looks like?"

I actually found myself thinking about it for a few seconds.

Me-:"Does he look like Dimmer?" 

Walsh-:"No."

Me-:"There's your answer."

Walsh-:"You're not going to find a guy who looks like Dimmer."

Me-:"Then just give me Dimmer. I'd be happy with that."

Walsh-:"hahahahahahaha!"

Me-:"So you really don't think I can score a hot guy?"

more silence.

Walsh-:"Never said that. I'm saying, you need to start dating again. Anything is possible if you believe in it...you deserve some happiness."

You know what, for once I'm going to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment