Wednesday, April 2, 2014

post it April 2nd 2014

Dear Herman:

Guessing this is a hectic time for you, with this being the big week for the yearly ppv.
Sun is out here today, finally. Birds making a lot of noise in the tree outside my window. Streets are a mess though, had freezing rain here yesterday.  I hope wherever you are today when you read this, the weather is decent.

Writing these has started to fill me with sadness. There is just something in the back of my mind that pushes this little addiction. I'm starting to think you really are the perfect drug. 

I've been told more then once lately, that asking for what you really want in life is the most important and sometimes the most difficult thing to do. I am starting to think, everyone around me has been hanging out in the same place. And here, all this time, I thought I had been asking for what I want. Silly me.

Anyways... I imagine you checking in today, wishing you were anywhere other then where you are, doing anything other then what you were doing five seconds before you checked the blog. I think you're exhausted, maybe a little fed up, and who knows, maybe even sore from the last few weeks of work. I imagine you are forgetting stuff this week, leaving little things behind, like your hat, a book, favourite pen.  I imagine you today to be wearing dark track pants, a dark sweater -deep grey- with a hoodie over it, also grey, thinking there isn't enough coffee in the world this week to keep you steady. I imagine you're heartbroken...not in the romantic sense, but work wise. maybe. Something you thought you were getting to- a point in things- that got changed or put off, a spot given to someone else.


Smile, next week will be smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment