Tuesday, April 1, 2014

carrots?

Wisdom is not guaranteed with age. It's hinted at, dangled like a carrot, but not guaranteed. Obviously, or I wouldn't be the heartbroken mess that I am today.

And the world is filled with mixed messages. They tell us women to make the first move, at the same time telling us to be patient and wait for the right man, the proper invitation.  Tell us to make the other person earn the privilege, while at the same time shoving us with both hands into action.

I believe I've mentioned before, that I've done both.  I've more then I can count, have made the first move. It really got me nothing but messes and heartbreak. I've also sat back and waited, which has got me nothing but loneliness.

So what's the reality? Where do we find the balance needed to make the situation work?  How do you know you're just leaving your comfort zone, and when you're just leaving your morals?

I'm sitting here right now, watching the freezing rain and hail hit the window, making this feel more like winter than spring, the darkness refusing to let go of the morning skyline, wondering if I've risked too much or not enough?

I wish right now I could think off hand of a single Sex and the City episode to compare this to, but at the moment, all I can think of is how half of the series fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment