Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 9th 2014

Doorbell went a bit ago. It was Walsh. "You are home?"

Me-:"Briefly. Why? And what are you doing here?"

Walsh-:"I was at auntie's putting a chair together for her."

Me-:"She was really driving me nuts about that chair. What's up?"

He came into the hallway, stood there, shoes just covered in mud. "We're not going to the wrestling in Toronto."

Me-:"And you had to rush over to tell me this why?"

Walsh shrugged, grabbing a cigarette. "Let you gloat. Couldn't get the time off work. There was seven of us planning on going, boss would only let two take that week off."

Me-:"There's always next time. Okay, you didn't come over at this time of night to tell me that. What's wrong?"

Walsh-:"Nothing. I was wondering if I could borrow a few movies?" 

I gestured to the nearest box of dvds,  "I suppose, just don't let the kids touch them."

Walsh-:"Have you heard from Kevin lately?"

Me-:"Not in years. Why?"

Walsh-:"Bumped into him the other day, he's back in town."

Me-:"Last I heard he was married with kids."

He grabbed two vampire movies and stood there with them under his arm, lighting his cigarette. "He didn't say anything about kids. Just thought I'd let you know in case you bump into him."

Me-:"Good to know."

Walsh-:"You seem irritated. Anything going on?"

Me-:"Bunch of my regular readers have fallen off the face of the earth the last week. Which is both good and bad. Bad, because a bunch of my regular readers have fallen off the face of the earth causing my hits to be almost zero, but good because it was the big yearly ppv so that means I have more wrestlers reading me then I originally thought."

My cousin laughed at me. "Now that's funny."

Me-:"How is that funny?"

Walsh-:"Just is. They'll get around to catching up."

Me-:"Promise?"

Walsh-:"Um...sure. Anyways, I better get going before my wife starts calling looking for me. Last thing I want his her pissed off again."

Me-:"Again? What did you do?"

Walsh-:"Uh, forgot to take the dogs for a walk before work. Got home to a mess."

Me-:"So glad I'm not you then."


No comments:

Post a Comment