Wednesday, April 23, 2014

That's bold

"What are you looking for?" my aunt's friend asked me. I had bumped into them coming out of Starbucks, as I was going into the pharmacy. We got talking, and grabbed a coffee. The conversation managed to get back around to relationships, I know shocker right; and the Soulmate Secret. As this is the lady who is following the book/website and wanted to share how things were going for her.

Me-:"You mean personality or looks or situation or what?"

Aunt's Friend-:"Everything." she shrugged gesturing around the room.

Me-:"A guy who has the same sense of humour as I do. A guy who's loyal, honest." I shrugged. "Trustworthy, likes some of the same stuff as I do. Single, straight, communicates easily and honestly."
My aunt laughed at me when I had mentioned the guy needs to be straight. "Seriously, former friend of mine, she managed to do something like this, bring her soulmate into her life, and everything was perfect except that he was gay. They were best friends for years, but it just didn't work romantically."

AF-:"I read something along that line too. About making sure you really get details when you imagine your ideal lover."

Me-:"So how's it been working for you?"

She sat up a bit straighter and smiled. "I've met some guys, all have their own businesses, which is something I am looking for. A guy who is financially stable. But no one who really feels like he's the right one for me. Yet." she reached into her bag and pulled out another book showing it to me. "Have you read this one by the same author?"  It was Hot Chocolate for the Mystical Lover by Arielle Ford. I nodded.

Me-:"I've had that for a few years."

AF-:"I love the section on dreams. The stories of getting clues and images of your soulmate in dreams. If my dreams are anything to go by, then my soulmate isn't that far away. I keep seeing summertime in my dreams. I'm always meeting him by the water in summer. Never see his face though."

Me-:"I know right." I finished off my coffee. "I have been dreaming of some guy who's face I never see. Been having the same dream for the last few years. Always one thing I remember, he's way taller then me, cause I only seem to be eye level with his shoulder, and it's always a blue denim shirt. One of those button up style, and he has it rolled up to the elbow. I never remember any other detail of the dream, just that when I meet this guy, he's going to have that shirt on."

Aunt-:"I have a few exercises for remembering things. I'll find my notes and copy them out for you. Maybe you can learn to make yourself remember more of the dreams."

And then I stopped paying attention for a moment because the song Johnny Angel came on over the speakers. I don't know what the next sentence out of my aunt's mouth was because I was listening to the song, totally caught off guard.  My aunt finished off her drink and grabbed her purse, saying something about how they were going to be late for something, and then they started to get up to leave. Meanwhile, I was still reeling from the song, of which I have not been able to get out of my head for the last few hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment