Tuesday, April 22, 2014

post it note 22 april

Dear Herman:

I imagine you checking in, after a long day at work. I imagine you tired, consuming about two bottles of water before coming up for air, your buddy Igor throwing things at you like dirty clothes and cookie crumbs. I imagine you feeling the weight of the world right now.

I want to ask you what you did to your back? I have no idea why, but I think you are standing there holding the right side of your body/middle of your back. And I think your buddy screwed up his hip. I know, I'm so cheery tonight.

I've often wondered how you started reading me? Was it random, like were you googling stuff and found me? Or did a buddy point out my writing? 
There's just something about the idea of being a fan of someone who's been a fan of me.

Anyways Mr. Scratchy, we have to give Igor a last name now.  Has to be something to keep with the Hallowe'en theme.  I'll figure something out I'm sure.

Anyways, back to the basics...I imagine you checking in tonight dressed in black track pants, a black shirt and dark blue sweater. Not a hoodie, but a pullover sweater, with the left cuff totally ripped and frayed. And I think there is a stain on it near the stomach area because you spilled dinner on it. I think you are reading me as you grab yourself a very large cup of coffee, travel mug of coffee as you head out for the airport or car or what have you.

And on that note Mr. Scratchy...big moose!


No comments:

Post a Comment