Monday, April 15, 2013

Shoulda, Coulda, eh?

"I have no idea what people want from me?"   I had decided to ask Cheryl what she thought about the tarot offer.

Cheryl-:"Do it. You've said you have been stuck inside for most of the year with your knee. This might be a good thing for you. Meet new people, find a man."

Me-:"Haven't we had this conversation? Dating isn't really in the cards for me right now."

Cheryl-:"Dating should always be in the cards. You're too young to pack it in and give up."

I told her about having bumped into Tarot Lady and her psychic friend yesterday, and what she told me about being bound by a love spell. Then she made a comment that floored me. She said, what if what the psychic saw wasn't just a hex or something from someone else, what if it was because of my own doing?
I asked her to explain, and her point of view was, what if because I said I wouldn't date again until the right guy came into my life, I accidentally bound myself?

Cheryl-:"You said you would not date until the right man came into your life. He needs to come into your life. Not necessarily as a boyfriend even, but he has to be in your life. Until he does, you're screwed."

Well that made me feel so damned stupid. I of all people know that you have to be very careful how you word things when you say them out loud, or even when writing them down. Specially when you're emotional when you do.
This made perfect sense to me. I think I might have unintentionally bound myself.  But with that said, it doesn't change the fact that I'm looking for the right guy.  Which just puts me right back where I started. Waiting for Mr. Scratchy to step out of the shadows.

Cheryl is sort of a new-age person, but I am not sure how she feels about omens, soulmates and such, so I held off telling her about the whole Mr. Scratchy thing.

Cheryl-:"Why are you so worried about what people want from you?"

Me-:"Cause I need to know what I have to offer. I need to know where I'm needed. If I'm needed."

Cheryl-:"Wanting something is different from needing something. I think you should take a few days, do some soul searching, and maybe just shut out the world. Take like two days and just unplug. You have more to offer people then you're giving yourself credit for. And when you see that about yourself, Mr. Right will just appear as if by magick."


No comments:

Post a Comment