Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Post-it late night

Herman, Mr. Scratchy,  how are you tonight? 

I think all there is to say tonight is that I imagine you checking in after work. Tired, sore. I think you just changed into those striped pajama bottoms... no I think you bought new ones. So they would be...solid grey. Think that they match that faded grey t-shirt with the tiny hole in the sleeve I think you wear. 
I imagine you sitting there right now, a cup of something hot, lemon tea, as you read this. A smile teasing at your lips. Maybe a new bruise on your body from work. I'm thinking, your left shoulder for some reason. 
Anyways, I'm sure you're listening to your iPod at the moment, something trashy. Don't know why, just do. No, scratch that... no pun intended... I think you've got something mellow, like Frank Sinatra on.  Something earthy, emotional, classic. Yeah, that's what I think.

Smile, it's just me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment