Monday, April 22, 2013

Dirty Laundry 25

I was at the pharmacy, when I heard this deep sigh.

"You again?"

It was my cousin Walsh. He was dressed in his work clothes, which meant he was on lunch break.

Me-:"What you doing here?"

Walsh-:"Picking up dad's prescriptions. What about you?"   I nodded saying I had to get something for the sinus headaches I've been having and held up the box of tampons.  Which made Walsh cringe. "How's the novel?"

Me-:"I left my lead character on a ladder freaking out about his relationship. That was Thursday, I haven't written a word since and it's Monday."

Walsh-:"And that upsets you?"

Me-:"Um yeah. I want to finish the first draft before my crush on the Mad Hatter wears off. Cause when the crush starts to fade, the writers block always follows."

Walsh-:"Is it? Have you stopped liking him?"

Me-:"No. Oddly enough, crush bigger yet novel stalled."

Walsh-:"Ever thought that maybe this crush isn't meant to end?" He had the biggest grin on his face.

Me-:"That's retarded. There is a pattern with me.  Crush on a guy, make him the center of my art, stop liking him, like someone new."

Walsh-:"Just saying, that maybe you're not suppose to get over this dude." he was laughing now.

Me-:"Why? No, I know what you're thinking and no. Can't be just no."

Walsh-:"Maybe the Mad Hatter is Mr. Scratchy." he said it half laughing, but more matter-of-factly then a question. I'm really starting to wonder what the hell he knows that he's not telling me? He's so up to something.

Me-:"Don't make me hit you with a fry pan. That's just not possible."

Walsh-:"You yourself always say if you can think it, it's a possibility just waiting to happen."

Me-:"I hate you right now."

Walsh-:"Don't care. So, have I won the bet yet?"

Me-:"Nope. And it's just not going to happen. The dude is way too young for me. Seriously."

Walsh-:"So he hasn't asked you out yet?"

Me-:"Haven't seen him." I shook my head staring over his shoulder at the pharmacy counter.

Walsh-:"Why do you not want to believe that the Mad Hatter..."    I didn't let him finish the sentence, I turned and stomped off to the shelf where the muscle relaxers and cold pills were.  I waved at him and watched as he just walked over to the pharmacy counter to pick up his dad's pills. He was laughing as he left.


No comments:

Post a Comment