Thursday, April 18, 2013

It had to be you

They say that when two people are destined to be together, they just can not avoid each other.  
Some would say this is because the two souls are just drawn to each other. Makes sense.

I've touched on this topic once or twice in the past, and admitted at the time, that there really wasn't anyone who I've ever had that issue with.

Movies make it look so easy. They always set up the characters to be in the same store a few feet away, standing waiting for the same bus, have them end up with the same circle of co-workers at the same dinner.

If only real life were that simple.

Well, for one of my cousin's best friends, it was.  She kept finding herself because of her teenaged son, at school sporting events and team fundraisers bumping into this one guy. He was a newly divorced dad who even though his son had just graduated the year before, he still volunteered for the high school. They've been together now three years.

When I hear of stories like this, I'm in awe. I'm also hit with a small pang of sorrow. A lot of the "how we met" stories I've heard from people over the years, and yes I always ask how people met, are simpler.  Usually one likes the other more and eventually wears them down.

All this came flooding to my mind this morning, as I was making coffee, and the song "It had to be You"  came on the radio. I listened to the song, just wondering why real life isn't as easy when I remembered having heard this story from my aunt once. 


No comments:

Post a Comment