Wednesday, April 3, 2013

F minus

You hear all the time from actors how difficult and embarrassing it is to do a sex scene.  Between being semi-naked or even all naked in the scene, having the crew and director watching, and trying to make it look inviting, all without going too far.   That would be a trying afternoon. 
Double trying if your scene is the first scene on the production with your co-star. Basically a stranger. Ouch.
And I can only imagine it would be ten times worse if your co-star is your real life husband/wife because of the actual turn on factor.

Then there are those of us who write the scenes.

Be it for a book, play or movie, they can sometimes make you want to give up and toss yourself into a ditch.  And other times they are the easiest scenes to write. Sometimes you can totally picture people reading the scenes and getting a kick out of them, and sometimes, you wish you could take the scene back even after people have read it.

I'm at the point tonight in a new story I've been working on where I wrote the sex scene, deleted it, wrote another one, deleted it, added it again, took it from the lead character and gave it to the secondary character, took it from the secondary and gave it back to the lead, and now as I am having a coffee break, the whole thing is on my mind.

For the story I am writing, there needs to be at lest one sex scene for it to pan out and work, as it's about a relationship.  I'm just not sure I want to take my lead character there?

When is it necessary to have the sex scene and when is it not?  To f*** or not to f*** that is the question.

It's almost like having a relationship for real, there comes a time when you have to make that decision and decide if the relationship will move forward or not?



No comments:

Post a Comment