Wednesday, April 10, 2013

You know Paul

I needed coffee. Was totally out of coffee, so I went to the store. Ended up bumping into The Drama Queen, who I haven't seen in months since she stopped working at the grocery.  She was wearing yet another new chunk of jewelery, diamond.
As she was showing off the latest gift her husband gave her, she stood there her mouth open, eyes wide then looked around to see who might be listening, and leaned in to tell me who she bumped into at the cinema on the weekend.

TDQ-:"You remember when we were in college, that guy you always hung out with."

I stood there looking like a confused rabbit for a few minutes because that could have been one of like 40 people.

Me-:"Which one?"

TDQ-:"You remember. The guy with the hair who always wore that leather jacket with army jacket under it."  I had no idea who the hell she was going on about but just nodded. "He's just got divorced, and he asked about you. Well, we were talking and when I mentioned that you are I are still friends, he started to ask questions. I told him you were dating someone."

Me-:"I'm not dating anyone. Haven't been for a long time now."   She slapped my arm laughing.

TDQ-:"Oh come on. Darling, you're going to tell me that you're not dating Paul?"

Me-:"What? I don't even know who the hell you're talking about. Either of them actually." 

She leaned in with this smirk on her face, her hand up at her chin showing off the ring again.

TDQ-:"You know Paul. Paul!"  I shook my head at her completely confused as to who she was talking about.  "I was told you two were a couple. Storm told me the other week when he and I went for lunch. He said that you and Paul were hanging out here a lot."  she pointed to the Starbucks in the back of the building.

Me-:"I have no idea who the hell you're talking about. And I'm not dating anyone."  She grabbed me by the shoulder and pushed me to turn around and look at one of the stock boys.  "Oh Zane's buddy."

TDQ-:"So you're really not dating him?"

Me-:"No, I'm really not dating him. Not dating anyone." 

TDQ-:"Then why did Storm say to me that you were?"

I shrugged. "I have no idea.He's been weird with me the last few months."

TDQ-:"Cause, my husband was going to set you up with this one buddy of his from work, and when I mentioned it to Storm, he told me you were dating Paul."

Me-:"Huh. Interesting." 

TDQ-:"Too late now, that guy is dating one of the girls from our church."  she looked around behind her, spotting one of the other check out girls she used to hang out with and left to talk to them.

I took a few turns around the store looking for Storm but didn't find him. Which might be a good thing as I have no idea what I would have done if I had. Might have knocked the coffee container over his skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment