Sunday, April 14, 2013

No more I love yous

I have the Doors on the stereo, have a coffee beside me, and just spent the last hour writing the first I love you  scene in the novel.
Most likely the three scariest words anyone could ever utter. Yet, the words every one secretly longs to hear.
The one time in my life I got close to saying I love you,  I lost the guy.  He disappeared into the abyss of nothingness never to be heard from again.  And I didn't actually say I love you,  I said "I think I could be falling in love with you".   Okay, same meaning just a longer sentence.  I suppose I thought at the time that it was a safer way to express it, but I was wrong.

What is it that makes some people loose lipped with the phrase, and others may never let the words escape from their lips?

Why does that one tiny sentence hold all the power in the universe?  

No comments:

Post a Comment