Friday, April 12, 2013

Pizza Dude 3

My doorbell rang half hour ago, shocking me as I wasn't expecting anyone. Answering it, I saw it was Walsh.

Me-:"Something wrong? Why are you here in the middle of the day? Someone in the hospital?"

Walsh-:"Oh my god, relax. No, I'm on my way back from dropping my kid off at the school, she had an eye doctor's appointment this morning. I thought I would just see what's up?"   he had this grin on his face which always means trouble. Same grin our one other cousin used to have all the time before he'd smush mud or mashed potatoes or paint in my hair.

Me-:"Dare I ask?"

Walsh-:"So Connie was with us for a few hours last night, we took the kids to the movies and guess what we did afterwards?"

Me-:"Does it rhyme with pizza?"

He nodded laughing. "Yeah she begged until we went to the pizza place up the street here. Thinking she'd get a chance to see him."   I waited for him to continue which he did after about the longest 30 seconds ever. "She saw him coming in between orders and jumped up to grab napkins which we didn't need, to stand next to him by the counter."

Me-:"Huh, that's right out of my old tricks. Yeah and?"

Walsh-:"I don't think he recognized her. But, as he was leaving, he spotted me and my wife."

Me-:"And he did recognize you didn't he?"   Walsh nodded laughing. "What happened? Or do I really want to know?"

Walsh-:"Nothing. He just sort of stared at us then left to deliver his order."

Me-:"You came over to tell me this?  You could have emailed or something. Left a comment on the blog even."

Walsh-"No I couldn't." he was still grinning like a cartoon character. "We were still there when he got back for his next order, and he came over to me asking how I was connected to you?  When I said I was your cousin his face lit up like a christmas tree. See, I told you what he had thought last week."

Me-:"You're gross you know that."

He started to pick at a loose piece of wood that had broken off the door frame.  "He's going to ask you I swear."

Me-:"I think you're getting way way way ahead of yourself there cupid. Besides, I'm too busy with my lead character right now to focus on anyone else."

Walsh-:"What?"

Me-:"I have to keep Mad Hatter in focus until I finish the first draft of the novel. The last one, took nearly a year. I don't want to be a full year again working on just the first draft. If I keep at it right now, I might just get this first draft wrapped up by middle of next month. Which means, no distractions."

Walsh-:"That makes no f***ing sense?"

Me-:"I start thinking about anyone else, start to form a crush on anyone else, I'll loose interest in Mad Hatter, which will cause me to loose interest in the character I've been writing and the story will fall apart. I can't think of any other guy, no other wrestlers, no guys in my real life till the first draft of the novel is done. After the first draft, well whatever free for all."

Walsh-:"If you say so."  he looked at his watch. "Okay, I was suppose to be home ten minutes ago. But I'm going on record saying that all this will fly out the window cause that delivery guy will ask you out. Soon." 

Me-:"Not if I don't order any pizza."

No comments:

Post a Comment