Sunday, April 21, 2013

Shoulda, Coulda, Eh? continued

Cheryl sent me a recommendation for this book that she said she is reading and just loves beyond loves.  Phyllis Curott's The Love Spell.  I told her that I've read it before and agree, the book is fabulous. I know I've mentioned it before a few times over the years.

Cheryl-:"So, has your Mr. Right come a knocking yet?"

Me-:"Has yours?"

Cheryl-:"If you mean, have I had another date with my Berger, no. You think I should call him?"

Me-:"Up to you."

Cheryl-:"Phone works both ways. I think it's done with him, he's made it a point of avoiding me at lunch time at work. He used to come to the staff room with me, but I haven't seen him in days."

Me-:"Sounds bad. Yeah, I would just give up."

Cheryl-:"I know you would. Quitter. So you really haven't met anyone yet?"

Me-:"And I would meet them how?  We've had a few blizzard days here, haven't been able to leave the apartment for half the week. It's finally melting so I should be able to go to the grocery tomorrow, but otherwise, haven't met anyone yet."

Cheryl-:"Well get on that pronto. From everything you've told me, you've already wasted enough time by yourself. You really need to start dating again or else you're going to end up just proving your family right about you."

Me-:"Thanks for the vote of confidence. Really."

Cheryl-:"Just lighting that fire under your ass. There is this website by this author who talks about how to bring your soulmate to you...let me just find it. I bought her book for a friend and she swears by it."

It ended up being the Arielle Ford site.  I've got that book too, Soulmate Secret.  Had it since it first came out few years ago. Another book I've mentioned more then once over the last few years.  Okay, so I know that Cheryl isn't opposed to the idea of soulmates, so I told her about Mr. Scratchy.  In a clipped short digestible way.

Cheryl-:"I will have to pay attention  to that now.  See who makes my palm itch."

Me-:"It's the whole right side of your body, and you have to remember, it doesn't work when you're in the room together.  Think of it more like a long distance I miss you. But yeah, you should notice stuff like it happening right before certain calls come in or emails, or just before you bump into certain people. "

Cheryl-:"So if you know he's out there, then why aren't you actively looking for him?"

Me-:"Ball is in his court. I don't know, timing must be off or something? But you know what, I've talked about this non-stop for the last few years. New topic."

Cheryl-:"Ever thought that you've made yourself too available? "

Me-:"Yeah it's crossed my mind. A ton of things have crossed my mind about the whole situation. And my mind needs a rest."

We talked a bit more about the books, then she had to go.  But all this got me thinking about the first book. So much so I spent a half hour kicking up dust searching for which box of books I had it in. Finally found it, buried on the bottom of a stack of about ten boxes of books. 

As I flipped through the book, reading random pages, all I could think was, "I've gotten too far away from this."  Dude, I'm so totally feeling like red riding hood right now, having strayed from my path. I think I've strayed so far that I'm not even sure what that path is anymore? 
Which is why, more and more I think I need to join the tarot group.

No comments:

Post a Comment