Saturday, April 6, 2013

Post-it April 6th

Herman, you out there tonight?   Just taking a short break from the writing, and thought I'd swing you a note.
Hi, how are you?  Don't think I've asked you in a while.
I was once asked by Nura, why I thought you tuned in and read me?  I had told her that I didn't truly know. That it must have been because I wrote about you, or the industry in general?
Then, I just figured you got used to me. I became a part of you're routine, gave you a laugh, made you smile, that you found me endearing and witty.
I still believe all that, I mean I have to or I'd loose faith. It's weird, these notes to you have become such a part of my daily life and I still have no proof of who you are. I have guesses, I have clues but nothing solid.
I think you make my real life easier. As odd as that's going to sound. Just knowing you're on this planet, reading, snarling at me, laughing and... anyways, hi.

I can picture you tonight, checking in, maybe after a late night run. I think that you've got so much going on right now, that you're so turned inside out, you need something comforting. So, maybe a large cup of tomato soup and me.  What, a girl can dream can't she? 

PartyGirl and some guy just came into the building, sounds like they dropped a some bottles, and from the smell coming now from the hall, I'm guessing it was a full case of beer.  The joys of living in an small apartment building.

I hope I make parts of your real life easier too. I would hope that, that is one of the reasons you read me. Because with the life you have, people wanting pieces of you constantly, it must be lonely? 
I believe, you're a nerdy sort of guy. Which I've pointed out many times before.  Nerdy with a hint of Raoul Duke. I know, that's like the strangest mix, but hey, you know by now from the last how many years, that I'm a strange mix myself.  We all have many sides to ourselves.

Well Mr. Scratchy, I should get back to my novel, while I still am in the mood tonight to write. I have to wonder if you're one of the guys I've been inspired by?  Have I created a hero or villain or sidekick around you and not even known it? 

Well Herman, Mr. Scratchy, when you're ready... until then, dream of movie popcorn and white roses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment