Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dirty Laundry 28

"How many gay men did you add to this?"   Walsh was reading the latest two chapters I added to the novel. He had stopped by after work because he didn't want to go home while his wife's friends were over. Which I've been noticing has become a weekly thing.

"There's only a couple." I said counting the characters. "Okay four. There are only four Stanfords in my story."

Walsh-:"I don't understand why you just don't make your lead a woman, it's clearly you here. These are totally your issues, so why make the main character a man?"

Me-:"Women are boring. Men are so much more interesting."

Walsh-:"Wow, no one would ever mistake you for a feminist."

Me-:"Damn f***ing straight. Besides, no one wants to read about me."

Walsh-:"Then why do you blog so much?"

Me-:"Cause my wrestlers read me."

Walsh-:"Why do your wrestlers read you if no one wants to read about you?"  he had that smirk again.

Me-:"They don't read me for me, they read me to see if they made the blog that week. To see who is the latest obsession, therefore being the hottest guy in the company. Except for Mr. Scratchy who seems to read me in silence in order to torture me. You're the one who keeps telling me I have more influence then I think. Well, fine then, I'm thinking who I ramble about means something. And right now, it's all about the Rebel without a Cause."

Walsh-:"I thought it was all about the Mad Hatter?"

Me-:"It is, for my novel. Mad Hatter doesn't need me rambling about him to help his ... cause."  I laughed at myself cause damn it, I'm funny. "But, I have a feeling the Rebel without a Cause is feeling the short end of the lack of blogging love. He was who had my attention in Company #1 first, then that whole thing with Mad Hatter came up out of nowhere. And just what was that the other night anyway?" I was rambling and walking in circles.

Walsh-:"What thing?"

Me-:"The comment you left on the blog? About the segment on the show with the hat?"

My cousin looked up at me from the computer screen his face scrunched up in confusion. "I never left a comment on the blog. When have I ever left a comment on the blog?"

Me-:" Who else would have left it?"  I pulled up the blog showing him the comment as if that would jog his memory or something. He swore for like five minutes it was not him.

Walsh-:"Maybe it was Mr. Scratchy!" he was laughing like a maniac. He was reading the last couple of posts and then pointed to the one post. "A list eh?"

Me-:"Well, there's the obvious, The Celebrity.  Which, a part of me will always lean towards.
Then there is the DoubleStarr.   Which makes less sense the farther away I get from company #2.
Then there is the hot British wrestler who looks like actor Richard Armitage. Next on the list is Dimmer.  Next would be the GraveDigger from the rookie show. He's on the list because...I'm not sure, just gut instinct.  Next on the list would be the Vlad the Impaler look a like, also from the rookie show. That's a given. Next would be The Rebel without a Cause. He was one of the first ones I thought about as a possibility as far as Company #1 goes.  Next of course would be the Mad Hatter.  I don't know, it's a bit more then just your rambling. There are a few things that I just can't ignore.  But it's a list, and since I have no idea who on the list are straight or single, it's just theories. Things I can't prove. Things I want to prove but don't have the logical physical to back them up.  Just gut reactions and a few rounds of blog hits that used to have a pattern.  Even that has gone out the wayside."  I was gesturing towards the window.

Walsh-:" Mad Hatter for sure. That's a lot of guys actually from the rookie show." he was laughing at me. "That's a lot of guys. Damn, like you say about the Rebel without a Cause's hair, pick one and stick with it."

Me-:"What's your point?"

He shrugged. "It's Mad Hatter no doubt."

Me-:"He didn't say anything."

Walsh-:"Maybe he couldn't?  Maybe he never saw it in time?"

Me-:"Dude, if he's Mr. Scratchy, he saw it with more then enough time to hit the deadline. He didn't say it, so you have to be shsshh-y."

Walsh-:"Shsshhh-y?"

Me-:"Yes, shsshhh-y. I'm tired, brain fried."

Walsh-:"Shsshhh-y.  I don't doubt it with that many guys on your list."

Me-:"Oh shut up."  but we were both laughing by that point. "But it seems I was really on his mind during the show. Most likely waiting to see what I would say about Mad Hatter not saying anything. Cause like look."  I showed my cousin my right shoulder which is scratched to pieces right now. "There's some nasty looking ones on my back and thigh too."

Walsh-:"UUghhh! Don't need to see those thanks. I'll take your word for it."  he went back to reading the draft of the novel. "You should dump the affair part, it makes the one woman character seem not right for the main guy. Are you ever going to get over what happened with my sister and your bothes ex?"   Referring once again to the fact his sister the addict stole that one boyfriend from me. "Like ever? That's like the fifth story you've added that plot to that I've read of yours."

Me-:"I'm over it. Seriously. No seriously, seriously I'm done. I'm so totally over it."  he was looking at me like he didn't believe me. "I'm fine! I'm good, really. Seriously, dude I'm not dumping the affair with the best friend. It stays."

Walsh-:"Noticed you made the best friend look a lot like the Rebel without a Cause."

Me-:"Hence the affair."


No comments:

Post a Comment