Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Morning coffee

"He's a Berger."

"What?" 

I was chatting with a few of the girls from the book site again. Cheryl was telling me about this new guy she's been talking to at her work.

Cheryl-:"You know, like on SATC. He's a total Jack Berger. Looks like the actor who played him, only with blonde hair and fatter, has been working on a screenplay now forever, which I'm sure will suck but I'm not going to tell him that."

Ah, yes another person who has fallen under the spell of a spring time romance. Those can be nice, fresh full of promise. This got me thinking first of the show, then of the real life Berger that I had met few years ago, Sci-Fi Guy.  He was/is a writer as well. Wonder if he ever finished his novel?

Me-:"So what's the damage?"

Cheryl-:"He's divorced and has moved back in with his dad while he looks for a new place to live."

Okay, this is more then just a familiar sounding thing.  I've dated a few guys in the past who moved back in with their dads after a divorce/break-up/getting fired, and I always ended up being the band-aid. Like a softer version of the rebound. 
I told Cheryl that too. Which of course, she didn't want to hear. I wouldn't want to hear it, hell I still don't want to hear it and I lived through it.

She had to go and get ready for work, while I decided to try to work on my own novel.  Try being the keyword here. My mind just wasn't on it. I kept thinking about everyone lately that I've been chatting with, and how they are all either in a new relationship or thinking about getting into one with someone they are totally crushing on.

Then there is me.   My current crush is a character based on a character played by a wrestler whom I've never met.   Confusing isn't it?  All this and I'm just having my first cup of coffee this morning. And of course, there is always Mr. Scratchy to think about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment