Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tea time

I spent the weekend at mom's. The plan was to come over, watch the shows that she had recorded for me on her DVR, thus catching up with some wrestling, and that new show Hannibal.
In the middle of wrestling, when the door opened and there was my 7 year old cousin.

Mom had this look on her face because she just babysat last night. The kid only went home about three hours ago.  What the hell is she doing back?  Walsh was with her. The kid had decided she didn't want to stay at Walsh's over night like she was suppose to.  She's still scared of their sister, the drug addict.

She came in and announced very loudly that she would now be called Mavis. This was to be her name from this point on. I laughed.

Me-:"Okay Mavis. Try not to fly around the room too much, I don't feel like having to clean up the bat droppings."

She laughed like a maniac thinking it was funny.  Walsh shook his head and my mom just stared opened mouthed.

Me-:"Hotel Transylvania. The little girl vampire is called Mavis."  I was pointing at my cousin. "She went as that for Hallowe'en remember."    My cousin who now wishes to be called Mavis nodded and started to jump around in circles singing about being a baby vampire.   "Don't look at me, that's not my fault. I'm not the one who took her to see it."

Mavis-:"I saw it with my friend for her birthday at the movies. And then my mom took me to see it again. And I went with another friend for her birthday to see it cause I really wanted to see it again, but I didn't have cake because it was brown cake and I don't like brown cake. And then we rented it, and then you brought the DVD and we watched it here that one day when you were here. And you know what, I rented it again on tv."  she was twirling still, making me dizzy. "So I've seen it 6 times"  she held up one hand and tried to count off on her other hand the right amount of fingers but realized she had miscounted. "Call me Mavis! Call me Mavis!"

I noticed Walsh wasn't saying much. I guess he's still little put out with me. He stuck around long enough to have a cup of tea, at which point he commented on having seen the wrestling last night, this grin on his face.  "Did you watch it yet?"  I nodded. "And you still going to tell me that Mad Hatter isn't him?"  he yawned.

Me-:"You're worse then a girl lately you know that."

Walsh-:"Well, what do you expect I'm surrounded."  he nodded towards 'Mavis'. "What's it going to take to make you believe?"  he was out right laughing now.

Me-:"I don't know? Besides a full confession?" I was waiting for the kettle to boil, making the tea, and pointed my spoon at him. "okay here's the deal. I'll write something on the you know where, and if by chance Mad Hatter's him and he sees it before Monday in time for the live show, then if he mentions... if he mentions the sentence Feed my Frankenstein,  in their promo. You know, that old Alice Cooper song. Then okay I'll believe you. But if he doesn't, then you shut up about Mr. Scratchy being the Mad Hatter."

Walsh looked at me with this smirk and nodded. "Don't worry it's him."

I finished making the tea and handed him a cup. "God that's ironic."

Walsh-:"What is?"

Me-:"Talking about the Mad Hatter while having tea." I lifted my cup to make my point. Walsh burst out laughing to the point he had tears.  "God, it's not that funny. I'm not that funny. Don't die on me."


No comments:

Post a Comment