Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dirty Laundry 27

My doorbell rang.  I wasn't expecting anyone, so imagine my surprise to see Connie and one of her friends standing there.

Connie-:"Hi.Hi.Hi." she bound into the building like a tornado, her friend behind her. "I need to ask you something." 

There is only one thing anyone would ask me for. Spells. Teenaged girls usually are looking for one thing, love spells.  I ushered them both into my apartment before anyone spotted them.  And I don't like having people over, they disrupt the cobwebs and dust.

Connie-:"My Grandmother told me where you live."  meaning Walsh's mom. She started picking at my canvases I have piled up against the one wall. Most of my paintings are half done, there are a few that are completed, but I haven't bothered to hang them. I do have one vampire I painted up in the living room, and a drawing of wrestler Raven I did, that hangs over the tv. Anyways, Connie was flipping through my art, not really paying attention and randomly saying "Cool, pretty, cool."
Then her friend who looked like she was about to jump out of her skin elbowed her.  "Um so I know that like tonight is a Full Moon and that it's suppose to be when witches do spells and stuff. And I was wanting to know what I have to do for a certain kind of spell. Like would I have to do anything gross or weird if I wanted to say, make someone dream of me and like show up?"  she was looking everywhere but at me. 

Me-:"New Moons are for bringing love to you."   The words were out of my mouth before my brain caught up with me. Stupid me, now the kid will just have an extra two weeks to plan her plan.

Connie-:"So I can't do it tonight then?"

Me-:"Nope. And I wouldn't advise it anyway."  she looked at me with total confusion on her face.

Connie-:"Advise?"

Me-:"I would tell you not to do it anyway. Bad idea for someone your age to be doing what I know you are wanting to do."

Connie-:"But I haven't told you what I want to do?"

Me-:"You want to do a love spell."    her friend's mouth fell open. "Careful, you might swallow a spider."   she shut it quick and sort of looked over her shoulder. 

Friend-:"She wants to make Johnathan fall in love with her."  she said it in a sing song voice.

Connie-:"Lest he's not Brad."

Me-:"There's a Brad?"

Friend-:"Shut up!" she was blushing ten shades of red. "Just this guy at school. I really want him to ask me to the dance next week."

Connie-:"Yeah, you can go with Brad and I'll show up with Johnathan."  they were giggling like well the 15 year olds they are.  Which sadly reminds me of me now. 

Me-:"How about you try just asking your Brad without a spell and see what happens?  And you, you're talking about the Pizza Dude right?"  Connie nodded smiling bright this look in her eyes that lit up her whole face.  Shit.  "Don't you think he's a bit old for you?"

Connie-:"He's only a couple of years older. He told me he's 22. Oh he said to say hi by the way."

Friend-:"Yeah, we were just there at the pizza place. My mom took us."  the two of them started grinning wildly.

Me-:"Yeah, it's sort of illegal for him to date you. So, maybe you should find someone at school..."

Friend-:"what do you mean?"

Right, wonderful I had the dumb luck of having to explain it to them about being underage. Fun times that I never want to relive, ever.  You could see Connie's heart breaking into a million pieces as I did my best to be the adult for two minutes all the while thinking she's closer to his age then I am.
And you know what happened, she shook her head got a stubborn look on her face and said her parents never need to know.   Double shit.

Me-:"I'm not going to give you any spells. Sorry."

Connie's friend brought her hand up pinching her thumb and finger together. "Not even a tiny little tiny spell? Like not even a love spell but just an I like you spell?"   I shook my head and told them no. The two of them sulked off out of the building and took off.   I'm sure if they still really want the spell, they'll just hunt them down online.  But, hey no one can blame me for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment