Thursday, April 4, 2013

The pizza dude

The last couple of times I've had delivery, it's been the same guy.  Short blondish hair, blue eyes, nice arms. My doorbell rang just a bit ago, and the same pizza dude was standing there.  Only, I didn't order anything.
It was for the guy across the hall. He rang the wrong doorbell by accident. As I was about to go back into the apartment, he started talking to me.

PizzaDude-: "You used to date ---------- in high school right?"

Me-:"Uh no. I was friends with him, we had English class together, but we never dated."  

PD-:"Oh?" he turned deep red. "Just I've seen you're photo in the school year book. He's my cousin. He's mentioned a few people from high school. A lot of girls seemed to be 'friends' with him."

Me-: "Um sure."  and I'm thinking, that was 20+ years ago, I don't look anything like I did back then so how could he possibly know me?  Then he moved around me to knock on the door of the guy across the hall, turned back to me.

PD-:"I'm Johnathan by the way." he gave the neighbour his order and headed back down the stairs then turned at the door, coming back up them half way. "I'll have to tell him I bumped into you. I know he's read your blog a few times. I've read it a few times too, but he's the one who's big on wrestling."

The guy was just standing there for a few seconds his eyes closed babbling.  When he finally left I was laughing my arse off. 

Me-:"holy hell, what just happened there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment