Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dirty Laundry 26

My cousin Walsh is working in the area this week, and stopped by on his lunch break to believe it or not, return the roasting tray. Crazy the one thing I didn't think I'd ever see again, nor really thought about and poof there it is. He had this smug look on his face.
"You catch the show from last night? You're boys won. The Pack won just like you wrote it on your blog. Someone loves you."

Me-:"I know. The question is who? It's snowing, can you take the trash out for me please? And it wasn't exactly the way I wrote it, I had written I'd like to see The Rebel without a Cause get the pin, but Mad Hatter got it."

I handed him the trash and he tossed it in the trash bin, behind the building for me.  Lighting a cigarette he had this look on his face as he stood there for a moment.

Walsh-:"So, just what is your damage lately? Why don't you seem to want to believe that the Mad Hatter is Mr. Scratchy?"   Walsh asked laughing his ass off at me.

Me-:"Fine, we'll go there.  Hypothetically, say it is. What good does that do me?"

Walsh-:"What do you mean? You would know finally, and you could be happy." he blew smoke in my face just being a bit of an arse. Damn, he was in a goofy mood.

Me-:"Hypothetically, if it is the Mad Hatter, then what? Huh?  This situation with Mr. Scratchy has been going on since what, late 2008 early 2009 right, so hypothetically if it is him, he would have been in the independents when all this was starting, why not let me know who he was then? Wouldn't that have made more sense?"

Walsh-:"Maybe he was in a relationship? Could have been focusing on his career? Who knows? You yourself said you were all about The Celebrity and The Other Guy then. You said you didn't really know who Mad Hatter was till recently." He pointed his cigarette at me, nodding.

Me-:"Right, very true. I admitted that I'd seen photos of him but no video, thought he was hot but that was about it. Till now. Which brings up a ton of what ifs and stuff. I just don't understand why you're so jazzed up hot on the idea that it's him?"

Walsh-:"Well, because I am. I believe."  he was grinning like the damned cat that ate the canary. "Isn't that what you want? Why are you acting like it's the end of the world?"

Me-:"It is the end of the world! If it happens to be him, again what damned good does that do me now?"

Walsh-:"I don't understand?"

Me-:"Oh my god. Okay look, again hypothetically speaking, say it's him, say the Mad Hatter is him..."

Walsh-:"I am saying it's him."  he was still laughing, like red faced gut grabbing laughing.

Me-:"He's the hottest thing in the industry right now. And I don't see that changing anytime soon, or ever." I was really starting to loose it with him.

I wasn't able to get through to my cousin, just could not explain myself well enough to get him to understand why this would be a bad thing. Not because the idea of Mad Hatter being Mr. Scratchy is a bad idea, just a really outrageous one.

I still don't know if I can explain myself properly on this topic.

I hate being a bandwagoner. Just hate the idea. I like discovering people in the beginning of their careers and being a fan along the journey. This, me finding out about Mad Hatter this late in the game, annoys me to no end. I'm just kicking myself for not paying attention sooner.
So how damned ironic would it be if Walsh is right? Oh hell, that would mean my sister is right too as she off handedly said it herself weeks ago, half joking.  Fitting karma though would it not?

Me-:"If it is, then it's too late. If it's anyone in Company #1, it's too late. I don't understand why you just don't understand?"

Walsh-:"You're right, I don't understand. And I don't think it's too late. He's not dead, therefore never too late. You know what I think you're real problem is...you're afraid of getting what you want. You get so far and you give up. You did that when you were working for the tv station, you've done that with your writing. You start seeing that the universe is giving you exactly what you've always wanted and you're panicking."

Me-:"Well tell you what, when he actually says hey how you doing I'm Mr. Scratchy, then we'll deal with it. How about that?  Dude, he has had how many years to step up and say who he is and he hasn't yet. I think it's time to think that he's not going to. That he's just not that interested."

Walsh tossed his cigarette butt in the snow and shrugged rubbing his hand over his face. "I just can't believe you're giving up on this. I think it's him, and I believe that you do too. Okay I'm going to head back to work. But I think you're being a coward by not trusting that you deserve to get the guy. No matter who he is. If Grandma were alive she'd never let you talk like that."

He actually left with this look of disappointment on his face. Great, I think I just pissed my cousin off.

No comments:

Post a Comment