Monday, April 15, 2013

I remember you

I got a phone call from one of my cousins on the East Coast whom I haven't even seen in 20 years. They had gotten my number from our great-aunt , and were calling to say that they were coming to town this summer, wanted to know what kind of stuff there is to do here.

And they called me? 

I told them there is an art gallery, concerts on the waterfront, but beyond that, I have no idea. Told them they'd be better off calling my sister or something, she's up on everything.   They said they figured cause I was closer to their age, I would know what kind of stuff would be suitable.

Let me translate that for you, in my family being closer in age means that you're over 25.  No one in my family ever bothers to do the actual math or anything.
I pointed out that my sister is in her 30's, as is Walsh and a few of our other cousins. Any of them would be a better tour guide then me.

They're answer, but I'm the one they met back in 1992, I'm the one they remember hanging around with last time I was there on the East Coast.

Yay me.

There must be some sort of cosmic spring cleaning or something going on, because people from my past seem to be popping up like weeds lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment