Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dirty Laundry 24

"I don't understand why you never got into this guy before?"  Walsh said.

His step-mom had sent over this dvd for me to watch on positive affirmations. Don't know if I ever mentioned that she's a life coach and reiki teacher.  I let Walsh read what I've written so far of the new story I'm writing.Then we started talking about the big pay-per-view this weekend. Which once again, brought us back to the member of the Pack, who has been the inspiration for my lead character in my new story.

Me-:"Me either."  I'd seen photos of him before and thought he was cute, but up until the Pack, I hadn't seen any promos or wrestling footage of him.  "Why are you here anyways, isn't it like way past your bedtime?"

Walsh-:"I'm not in the mood to have to listen to my wife's friends. Debbie and Janice were over for girls' night, so I went to see my dad. Anyways, I was watching some of his old stuff."  he took my computer "You really have to get over your hatred of google."  he poked me in the ribs. "Google is your friend. Okay look this here. The crazy stuff this guy does; totally up your alley, I really don't understand why you haven't gotten into him before?"

Me-:"You just said that. I don't know, one track mind? I was very very loyal to The Celebrity and The Other Guy for years."  I think I became too loyal, as Walsh is sort of right. I stopped paying attention to everyone else in the business. There was a time, I would have known everything about every wrestler in every company.  But the last few years, I focused on Company #2 and that was about it. "Okay. And?"

My cousin shrugged blushing. Which means he's got something up his sleeve.

Walsh-:"And, I'm going to tell you that this new story is the best thing you've written in years? Would that make you feel better?"

Me-:"No. But thanks for that." 

I don't know if it's the best thing I've written in years. I just know that since seeing the one promo the other week, I've been on this creative roll. I haven't done anything else. Sometimes that's all it takes, one look, one outfit, one gesture, one monologue, and it sparks something.
I plan on riding this wild obsession till it burns itself out. I just hope I get the damned first draft finished before that happens.

I watched the video Walsh pulled up on youtube, and all I could think was that the Pack member would make a wicked Mad Hatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment