Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Groovy

"oh my god, it sounds like you're breaking up with him"  Walsh was laughing at me again. He had shown up few minutes ago, unexpectedly. Becoming a pattern with him as of late.

Me-:"You can't have a break-up if you never had a relationship. Just a shot in the dark. Anyways, I take it you read today's headlines?"

Walsh-:"I did. Why are you giving up?"

Me-:"I'm not giving up. I'm just shutting up for a bit. Okay, you know how when you're wife starts to pick at you. Nagging. How does that make you feel?"

Walsh-:"Like I want to strangle her."

Me-:"Well, I'm feeling like a bit of a nagging wife. Only, I'm not married. But you get the idea. I don't want Mr. Scratchy to feel like that."

Walsh-:"I'm sure he doesn't. I believe he loves your little post-its. I believe."  he was laughing still.

Me-:"What are you on? Whatever it is, I want ten."

Walsh-:"I'm not on a damned thing. Well these."  he lifted up his sleeve to show me not one, but two nicotine patches. "They're groovy."

Me-:"Groovy. Thought I was the only one who still said that?"

Walsh-:"We were watching the original Evil Dead movies last night. All three of them."

Me-:"I see. Why are you here?"

He put his hand out. "You lost the bet, you owe me five bucks. I read that blog post too."  the smile on his face was so big.

Me-:"You couldn't wait till tomorrow?"  I went and got my purse, while he stood there shaking his head.

Walsh-:"We're out of milk so I just figured I'd come here and collect first then go to the store. But I was right about the pizza dude Johnathan, which means I'm right about Mad Hatter."

Me-:"I want proof."  he was grinning like a stoned person. "okay I really think you need to cut back on those patches, one next time. Or maybe just half of one. Should you be driving?"
  

No comments:

Post a Comment