Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pizza Dude returns

I had just finished making a cup of coffee, went to put the spoon on the counter when I dropped it. I jumped cause at the same time the broom fell.   Damn it, company would be coming.
That was about a half hour ago.  My doorbell rang few minutes later.  It's the first of the month, so I just assumed it was the landlord collecting rent.

Bit of a shock to see that the Pizza Dude- Johnathan was standing in the lobby.

Me-:"How'd you get into the building?"

PD-:"One of your neighbours was outside smoking."  He was carrying an empty pizza hotbox. I sort of waited for an explanation as to why he was ringing my doorbell given I never ordered anything. He just stood there.

Me-:"You deliver across the hall?"

PD-:"Huh, downstairs. But I saw you're lights on when I drove up, and thought that I might see if you were in."  he was standing there looking lost. "I bumped into your cousin the other week." he was blushing then and stopped talking for a few seconds, picking at the pizza hotbox.

Me-:"Yeah, Connie has a bit of a crush on you. You're all she's talked about."    He tilted his head eyes wide no clue who I was talking about.  "The teenaged girl who... I suppose though you bump into a ton of teenaged girls in your job. Red-ish hair, was out with my cousin Walsh."

He nodded, still blushing. "So -----'s band is like playing this weekend, thought I might see if you wanted to go listen to them?  I know he said you were one of the few fans they had back in high school. I think he said he made you a tape of them?"

Oh shit. I think I owe Walsh five bucks.

Me-:"I don't go to bars anymore. I'm not a bar person."

PD-:"Not even for my cousin's band?"

I shook my head no, thinking to myself I'm going to regret this. I am going to regret saying no, but he's way way way too young for me. Seriously, I'm old enough to be his mother. That's gross.

Me-:"But tell ----- that I said hey, and if he ever wants to go for a coffee, I'd love to catch up."

PD-:"I don't think he'd be up for anything, he's just sort of dealing with the divorce..."

I swear, I didn't hear a thing after the word divorce. I could only think, the hottest guy back in the day, whom every woman was crazy for is now single.  I was in shock, stunned stupid. I was starting to rethink the invitation when Johnathan turned and left.

I have the worst luck with men.  The one guy who has asked me out in years and I turned him down. I think I need my skull examined.

I was sipping on my now cold coffee, writing this up, when I got a message from one of the guys on my friend's list in the wrestling fan group.
He was talking about the up coming show on Friday. Sweet kid, lives in Mexico. His English is not the best and he admitted it's one of the reasons he likes talking to me. I don't freak out on him when he makes a mistake.  Some of the people on there get so nasty when people don't speak English.  He's starting to get really comfortable though with a few of us, and he's begun to flirt.  He's 17, and he's telling me how much he likes Canadian women. 

Seriously, when I say I only date younger guys, I don't mean that young. I'm starting to feel like I'm babysitting but not getting paid. This is ridiculous.


No comments:

Post a Comment