Tuesday, May 28, 2013

No, no you don't

Went to the grocery, the place was packed as it seems to be most the time lately. Standing in line forever, when someone tapped me on the shoulder and informed me they were going to open the next check-out.  I blindly moved to the next check-out, not having paid attention to the guy. 
I looked up and saw it was one of the two new guys named Jon.  I know I made a noise of disbelief and sort of stared at the ceiling for a second.

Jon-:"You okay Ma'am?"

Oh my god, he Ma'am-ed me.

Me-:"Yes, I'm fine...Jon no H." 

He looked at me like I told him I was going to eat his first born on toast.  I caught the smirk from one of the ladies working the next check-out as she was listening. 
I left the store heading towards mom's. There was a group of construction workers lounging around the patio tables near the Starbucks door. As I walked past them, I noticed that one was staring at me. He had been in mid sentence chatting away, when he starting staring.  Then he called my name.

I turned to see what was going on, and he motioned for me to come over to the table.  I just stood there for a few seconds and he called my name again. So I dragged my ass over to the table.

"Walsh's cousin right? He pointed you out while ago when we were here."  he was pointing to the Starbucks.  He had on a baseball cap so I have no idea what his hair really looks like, his work clothes, was filthy from having been digging, but he looked like he had one of those weather beaten natural tans, and a mouth that seemed too big for his face. 

Me-:"Sorry?"

Duncan-:"Walsh's cousin?" he said my name again laughing. I nodded.

Me-:"When was this?"

He shrugged "Uh...like a few weeks ago. You were leaving the bank and we were coming out of the Starbucks."  he gestured to the bank which is across the parking lot. "Hi. We talked the other day on the phone."

Me-:"Right. You don't look anything like GraveDigger."

The two guys that were with him just seemed bored, one even got up and wandered back into the building.

Duncan-:"Some people think I look a little like him."

Me-:"They lied. Did you need something?"

Honestly, don't think he was expecting me to argue.  The other dude sitting there was laughing full on by this time, like he couldn't believe anyone was calling him on his crap.  Duncan shook his head little bit of a red tint to his neck.

Duncan-:"Just thought I'd say hi."

I nodded and turned to leave, continuing on to mom's. Spent the afternoon there catching up on last night's wrestling and a week's worth of my soap opera. 

Which brings me to a comment Walsh made about Mad Hatter's hands.  I have no idea what he was going on about, there were no bandages on Mad Hatter's hands. The athletic tape was white and looked like a layer of grey, but he's done that before. 


No comments:

Post a Comment