Sunday, May 5, 2013

Post-it once more with feeling

"For all the things unsaid, I wrote a song, it's an instrumental" - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I was writing, working on the novel, a brand new character, the iTunes radio on in the background when a song came on that was just titled "Instrumental"  and no listing as to whom it was playing it.  I thought of the quote from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I think it was season 3. 
It seemed fitting.

I wanted to share my moment. There was no one to share it with. So I blogged it.

I created the new character after the crazy zombie dream I had, Mr. Scratchy. Even ended up changing the narrator for the chapter that I introduced this new character in.  Will have to figure out how to make it flow better in draft two, if I ever manage to get draft one finished.

I know, I said I wasn't going to do any more of these post-it notes for a while, Mr. Scratchy, Herman; but I don't know. I can't even begin to explain why these post-its are important to me. They just are.

Well anyways, new character in the novel, which means conflict and chaos for the lead character who is based on the Mad Hatter. Maybe with this fresh wrestler to base the new character on, I'll have a quicker draft time on this and can stop crushing on the Mad Hatter.  Shift the crush even...
Honestly, I can not tell you why I feel the pressure to stop thinking about him? Maybe all the teasing Walsh has been doing?

So I think you're reading this, rolling your eyes because I mentioned the Mad Hatter yet again, letting out a deep breath that puffed out your cheeks, slammed down your drink, which I think is a pop from a take-away fast food place in one of those waxy paper cups with some bad swirly design on it, scratching at yourself, the right side of your neck and arm, and god knows where else. Thinking "why the hell did she add that guy to the story?"

As always Herman, smile it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment