Friday, May 3, 2013

Date?

This is the busiest night I've had in a long while.  I got a message from Cheryl, telling me that her real life Berger had shown up. Uninvited, while the new guy she met last week was over.
Talk about awkward situations. Needless to say, her evening got cut short.

Cheryl-:"Can you believe the nerve of him?"  

Me-:"I believe a lot of things."  I was scratching as I chatted with  her.

Cheryl-:"He was acting like we had a date or something. He has been avoiding me for over a week, and then just out of the blue shows up."

Me-:"What do you mean, acting like you had a date or something?"

Cheryl-:"Just what I said. He showed up talking about going to see a movie as if we'd made plans or something."

Me-:"But you hadn't right?"

Cheryl-:"No. We had mentioned few weeks ago at work about going to see that new superhero movie. But that was before he started to avoid me."

Me-:"So you did have a date with him?"

Cheryl-:"No. I just told you, he's been avoiding me for the last week and a half. How could we have a date if he hasn't been around?"

Good point. Men are so complicated, so confusing. I decided to tell her about the whole thing with Pizza Dude- Johnathan.  She nearly killed me for turning him down.

Cheryl-:"I just don't understand why you're not taking advantage of that? You need to start dating again like yesterday."

Me-:"He's a kid! I have limits man."

Cheryl-:"Learn to have no limits or else you're going to be alone forever."

I decided not to tell her about the Mexican kid from the fan site, that would just be too much.  I did however, bring the topic back to her original date. Asked what he was like.

Cheryl-:"Nice. Very athletic, very out going. I was thinking of calling him back once I get off talking to you. See if I can get him to either come back over, or meet me somewhere."

Me-:"Huh. Why not just go to his place? Better yet, rent a hotel?"   I was being half way sarcastic.

Cheryl-:"Oh my god! I can't have him think I'm a slut or something. Can't rent a room. You really haven't been dating much have you?"

Me-:"You missed the part about me not dating at all any more."

Cheryl-:"Your Mr. Right will show up. Trust me. It's a Mr. Right Now you need to worry about.  You want me to set up a profile for you online?"

Me-:"Oh god no! I've done that before and it didn't work. Sort of odd you said that, cause Tarot Lady the other day when I was there, mentioned me meeting a guy online in the next while."

Cheryl-:"See dating is in your cards."

I hate it when my own words are thrown back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment