Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tidbits May 2nd

"You think you know what you're looking for till what you're looking for finds you"  - The Right One Comes Along (Nashville soundtrack volume one)

I've been unable to get this song out of my head for the last two days. No matter how many times I listen to it, this line just seems to be pounding in my brain.  And seriously dude, with all the stuff for the novel and my crushes, there really isn't any room for anything else in my brain. Even less once those pesky zombies get to munching.

All the so-called advice books spell it out for us, even when they end up being wrong, that we as human beings have no real idea who is right for us. Even when we do the damned soul searching and draw up the qualities we want in a mate, according to those damned books, we are wrong.
(Unless it's a book by Arielle Ford, her stuff seems to be completely right on everything. Just saying.)

There is another line in that song that says "every broken heart leads you to the truth"
Which is just a better sounding way of saying you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find that prince.   All I can say is that the pool I've been wading in has been a hotbed for toads.  Reminds me of the coven scene in the movie Practical Magic where the kids have to remove hundreds of toads because of the ghost haunting their aunt.

So if you don't actually know what it is you are really looking for, then how are you suppose to know when it shows up? 

This is where my brain is tonight, as I take a break from the novel long enough to have a coffee and stretch the knots out of my shoulders from being hunched over the computer writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment