Monday, May 27, 2013

posting a post-it

Dear Mr. Scratchy... how's your night going?
Mine's been quiet. Scratching the last few hours, but you already know that.

I imagine you checking in to this tonight, maybe sitting in an airport or something, lounging in a bad chair, iPod on avoiding everyone. That, or else you're just getting back from a late dinner after work maybe. I want to ask you why all the rum is gone? First thing that popped into my head as I was typing this.

I imagine you dressed in a pair of jeans and a grey long sleeved shirt. Maybe a hoodie as well. Okay Herman, I hope all is well.
One of these days hon, I'll say the right thing, at just the right moment and there will be giddiness and happy coffees.

Tonight thou, I hope I brought a smile to your lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment