Monday, May 13, 2013

Tidbit questions

I got another text from Walsh.  "Check that one promo out with Divine Mrs V."

I went to the website and flipped till I found what he was talking about. "Okay, what am I looking at?"

Walsh-:"Dimmer. Just watch Dimmer for a second."

Me-:"What am I paying attention for?"

Walsh-:"I thought he was a flaming hoop?"

I broke out laughing so hard I spilled my coffee all over the sofa. After I cleaned the coffee stain up, I texted Walsh back. 

Me-:"It's obvious the character he's playing is not. Yeah that look says it all. What made you think he was?"

Walsh-:"You."

I phoned him cause I really hate texting. "Me? How did I make you think he was a flaming hoop?"

Walsh-:"Your novel. You made him a gay guy in your novel."

Me-:"Yeah cause I have one female character and like ten male characters, had to make someone gay. Couldn't have all the males straight. I already have the one female character having an affair with like three guys. The next draft really needs to be paired down. Maybe combine a few characters or something."

Walsh-:"So you think he's not a flaming hoop?"

Me-:"I have no idea. Why don't you ask him? Ask Dimmer if he's a total Stanford or not?"  

Walsh-:"Why on earth would I do that? How would I do that?"

Me-:"I don't know. You're the one who brought the whole thing up to begin with. Don't ask me stupid questions then?"  I started to laugh so hard then I lost my breath for a minute.

Walsh-:"What? What's so funny?"

Me-:"Well, if he is a flaming hoop, and you totally know this is blog worthy, and sees the post it will most likely roll off him no big deal. But if he's straight and sees it, dude we might have just upset him. I like Dimmer. Either way, think he'd be the type you would want to invite for drinks. Seems like the kind that would keep everyone in stitches."

Walsh-:"Sorry I brought it up. Just, when I saw the promo I thought I'd mention it cause...anyways, wife is wondering who I'm talking to." I heard him tell her it was just me. "She is getting a bit upset cause she just got the youngest to bed. That's why I text and don't phone at night."

Me-:"Let me guess, she did not say to say hi."

We ended the conversation, but I was still laughing for a few minutes while I tried to write this.  Honestly, unless the dude is standing naked in front of me, it doesn't matter to me if he is or not.  That's not totally true, it does take some of the fun out of crushing on someone if you know they are not available. 




No comments:

Post a Comment