Saturday, May 11, 2013

Memories in black and white

I was flipping through some old scrapbooks from like a decade ago, and a few emotions washed over me.  One was missing some of the people/events/hobbies and how thin I was during those couple of years. The other, was simply the pieces used for the scrapbooks.
Everything, from photos, cards, event tickets, news clippings, stickers, drawings, poems, etc. Even cut outs from tissue boxes, they made great pop up 3D effects.

None of the people from that time of my life are still in my life. Each one of them stabbed me in the back, lied to me, cheated on me, and two even were the reason for the car accident.
But that doesn't change the fact there were good times mixed in with the bad. 

Isn't that always the case?  No matter how horrible something or someone is, after awhile, all you remember are the good times you had with them/because of them? 

So that's where my brain is tonight. Thinking back over past relationships/partnerships/friendships that were both extremely bitter and very sweet.
Here's to never forgetting the joyful sweeter times that blossomed between the storms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment